In the IT field, it is common for users to need a tool that allows them to back up and archive their documents while they work on them. This is where software like FileHamster comes in, providing a real-time solution to this need. With FileHamster, users will never lose a vital document draft again.
This tool is especially useful for storing and tracking changes made to files over time. With three versions to choose from, whatever needs FileHamster can meet. The free version includes file reviews, search customization, and a user-friendly interface. In addition to the above, the basic version includes options for folders and files, comments, and tree search filters. The advanced version consists of the above plus diffs, ZIP reviews, file upload via FTP, script triggers, and file replication.
As for practical uses of the main features, we can see examples in different fields. For example, scientists can use the software to save versions of their research files and documents, allowing them never to lose any critical data. This software automatically creates new revisions each time a document is saved, runs silently in the background, provides annotation and commenting on each revision, generates reports to facilitate the review of old drafts, and can be connected to different programs to compare each revision.
Engineers can also benefit from maintaining versions of their bridge construction-related files and documents, preventing them from being lost or accidentally deleted.
Researchers can use the software to save backup copies and revisions of their essential documents, preventing their research from being lost.
Writers and editors can benefit from saving versions of their manuscripts and have a record of changes made throughout the writing process. FileHamster allows them to compare different versions of their manuscript and revert to previous versions if necessary. They can also use the software to save backup copies of their documents and add comments or annotations to revisions, making it easy to collaborate with colleagues or editors.
Software developers may also find FileHamster helpful when working on team projects. The software allows them to save versions of their source code and compare differences between them, allowing them to revert changes if necessary and collaborate with other team members. They can also use the software to save backup copies of their projects and add comments or annotations to revisions to facilitate communication with the team.
In summary, FileHamster is a valuable tool for anyone who needs to back up and archive their documents, whether for professional or personal purposes. Its ability to save versions and compare differences between them, as well as the ability to add comments or annotations to revisions, make it an essential tool for any user looking to improve their workflow and protect their critical data.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is FileHamster downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of FileHamster.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install FileHamster on your PC, you have to download the FileHamsterSetup.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 2.0.11.
- Is FileHamster free?
- No, you need to pay to use this program. However, you will be able to download the demo version to try it out and see if you like it.
- Operating Systems
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP