Feedreader is an RSS file and Atom reader that informs us about news from multiple websites.
RSS files are used mainly by web pages to publish the latest news in a reduced format. For example, a newspaper web page can have one RSS file for the latest sports news section, another RSS file for the local news section, and another RSS file with all the latest news of the newspaper.
Any user interested in the news of that newspaper can use an RSS reader software to “subscribe” to the newspaper's RSS file and to be informed of the latest news because each time the newspaper publishes a new story, that story will be reflected on the RSS file, which the RSS reader software will read.
Feedreader is a simple program that allows us to receive the news of any site with an RSS file. We need to paste the URL of the RSS file on the software, and we will start to receive the news from that website.
The program supports password-protected RSS feeds. In addition, we can also create folders and arrange the RSS feeds using folders.
When the program reads the RSS file of the subscribed websites, it will display a pop-up window with the latest news published on each website.
In the software's main interface, a list appears with the title of all the latest news published on the websites. If we click on any news from the list, a news summary will be displayed on the right side of the window. If we double-click on the news title, it will be opened on the software's internal browser. If we want to open the news on the PC's default browser, we need to click with the right button of the mouse over the title of the news item and select “Open article in a new window.”
We can add news to our list of favorites, so we can easily access this news at any time. For this, we'll click on the blank space at the left side of the news title. A star next to the news item's title will appear; this indicates that the news has been added to favorites.
The software is not updated since April 2009, so there are certain features that do not work. For example, subscribing to searches (Search Feed) on Twitter or Youtube is a function that does not have any utility; although it may be set up, we will not obtain any results.
If we are looking for simple software with which to read the news RSS, this program is ideal since it is free, and although it has not been updated for a long time ago, it complies with the essential task of reading RSS feeds.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Feedreader downloadable for Windows XP?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows XP.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows Me, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 98.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Feedreader.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Feedreader on your PC, you have to download the FeedReader314Setup.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 3.14.
- Is Feedreader free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- Feedreader home
- Operating Systems
- Windows Me
- Windows 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows NT
- Windows 2000
- Windows 98