Review Fast Audio Converter
Fast Audio Converter is an audio conversion software for Windows that converts audio files into the most popular formats, such as WMA, MP3, OGG, WAV PCM, Apple Lossless, AAC, AIFF, and FLAC. In addition, it also allows you to extract audio from videos in formats such as AVI, WMV, ASF, MKV, FLV, MPEG, MP4, and many more.
Some practical uses of the software would be as follows:
- For example, if a user has an audio file in FLAC format and wants to play it on a device that only supports MP3. The software would allow him to convert that file from FLAC to MP3 so it could be played on that device.
- Another situation would be that a user has an audio file in WMA format and wishes to convert it to AAC format for uploading to an online platform; the software would also allow that conversion.
- Suppose a user wishes to have the soundtrack of a video (movie, TV series, etc.) in MP4 format extracted. The software would allow him to extract only the audio track from the video and save it to an MP3 file or other compatible audio format so that he can listen to it without playing the entire video.
- If a user wants to use the audio from a video to create a Podcast, the software will allow them to extract the audio track from the video and use it in their podcast.
One of the most outstanding features of Fast Audio Converter is its conversion speed, as it uses all the processor cores to achieve exceptional massive file conversion speed. However, you also have the option to limit the use of cores if you need to start the conversion in the background.
Another vital feature is ID3 tag transfer, as the program supports ID3 Tag version 2, allowing you to easily transfer all the most useful tag fields from one format to another, edit these fields in audio files and generate file names based on the ID3 tag information, such as artist and album name, track title, genre, and track number.
The software also offers the possibility of batch conversion. You can use the built-in batch conversion engine to improve performance if you need to convert several files simultaneously. Simply add the files you want to convert to the batch conversion queue and press the "Process tasks" button. In addition, you can also easily change the conversion settings (output format, settings, ID3 Tag information) of the jobs in the batch conversion queue after adding them.
An additional advantage of Fast Audio Converter is that it performs audio format conversion directly without needing temporary WAV files, which means faster processing speed and saving hard disk resources. In addition, the software also has iTunes support, making it easy to integrate with your music library.
Although Fast Audio Converter is discontinued, and its latest version is dated July 26, 2012, it is still possible to download and use the software.
Despite this, it is still an excellent choice for those who need to convert audio files quickly and easily, with a wide variety of supported formats and advanced features such as ID3 tag transfer and batch conversion.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Fast Audio Converter downloadable for Windows 7?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 7.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Fast Audio Converter.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Fast Audio Converter on your PC, you have to download the fastac.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 2.5.
- Is Fast Audio Converter free?
- No, you need to pay to use this program. However, you will be able to download the demo version to try it out and see if you like it.