Review DVDFab HD Decrypter
DVDFab Decrypter can create DVD movie backups and save them on the hard disk.
We can back up our DVD movies collection thanks to modern media storage, which is more durable and has a higher capacity than those of past ages. DVDs are likely to deteriorate over the years, making backups in drives more durable is convenient.
To make DVD data copy and store it on the hard disk is easy; drag DVD files and folders to a hard disk folder. However, movie DVDs are different; it can't be done in the same way since many of them bring a mechanism that prevents movie files from being copied onto the hard disk. We must use special software to make a DVD movie copy to a hard disk.
DVDFab Decrypter allows us to copy DVD movies to hard disk, avoiding copy protection included in those movies. This program will copy all the files and directories that are part of the movie to any location on the hard disk.
The usage is very simple, so we have to insert the DVD movie into the DVD player and launch the program. The software analyzes the movie at the start, which can take several seconds. Once it finishes, we only need to choose the directory to save movie data and click on the “Start” button. Depending on the movie's length and DVD player reading speed, the copy process may take between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The program does not compress the movie or convert it to other formats (avi, mkv, etc.); it simply copies all DVD files (.VOB, IFO, BUP, etc.) to our hard disk. It's like selecting all the files from the DVD and dragging them to a folder on our hard disk, but with this program, we will avoid copy protections.
We can select the option “turn off the computer automatically,” so PC will shut down as soon as the process is finished.
The software has not been updated since 2007, and the available version here is 220.127.116.11. There is a more modern version that is called DVDFab HD Decrypter that supports Blu-Ray. If all we want to do is copy our DVD movies, it is advisable to install DVDFab Decrypter because even though it has not been updated for years, it works perfectly and is lighter than the HD version. The installer is small, only 2 Megabytes.
The program is free, and we can use it without restrictions of any kind.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is DVDFab HD Decrypter downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of DVDFab HD Decrypter.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install DVDFab HD Decrypter on your PC, you have to download the dvdfab12_online_12101.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 12.
- Is DVDFab HD Decrypter free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- DVDFab HD Decrypter home
- Fengtao Software
- Operating Systems
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7