deepMesh is a 3D modeling software that includes all the tools necessary to make 3D models designs.
We can make designs and 3D models with no problems if we have sufficient knowledge and the right tools. In terms of tools, the market is cornered by two star Autodesk's products: 3D Studio Max and Maya. Although there are also an open source alternative: Blender.
Every software has its own way of being used and therefore his learning curve. Learning and mastering 3D modeling programs is a time consuming task, because the multitude of options, shortcuts and menus in those programs.
The software that we present here, deepMesh, is aimed to design 3D models oriented to video games development, since we can create 3D model, apply textures and lighting and animate it. We can do all things inside the same software, without having to use any external tool, which streamlines the process of creation and integration of 3D models. Also is easy to use and can be used by professionals and users without any experience.
With this program we can create 3D models using 28 types of different figures (cube, sphere, cone, torus, etc), or shaping them from the scratch thanks to the Vertex editor and the mesh constructor. This gives us freedom to create what we have in mind and carry out our idea. If we have 3D models made with other tools, we can import them into this program, since it supports more than 20 types of different files: .3ds, .b3d, .obj, irrlicht, etc.
We can also export models created with this software to many formats, including the own format deepMesh (.dpm).
The models created be animated with this software. To accomplish that we have various methods of model animation: keyframe animation, bones, and hierarchical animation. In this way we can animate the videogame's characters models.
Apply textures to 3D models is very simple thanks to the functionality of the Auto-Map, that ensures that textures are correctly applied to ceilings, floors and walls. Give texture to a model is as simple as choosing the texture that we want to use, and click on the part of the model where we want to apply that texture.
Thanks to Light Mapper included in this program, we can apply lights and shadows to our models, and can create environments with high resolution lights ready to be used as scenarios in the game we are developing.
We can create all kinds of 3D models, and we can create complex scenarios like a city, or simpler models such as a 3D car.
The models creation process may be somewhat repetitive at times, to help us in this situation, we have the tool deepScript, which allows us to create scripts with the usual actions that we usually perform, and execute them automatically.
This software is paid and has a demo that you can download free. Demo version has certain limitations:
- Only save in format deepMesh (.dpm)
- Saves a maximum of 1000 triangles.
- Plug-ins are disabled.
- The deepScene function is not included.
- It does not include user manual.
The software has an Online help manual that includes 50 tutorials explaining step by step the use of this software.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is deepMesh downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Vista 64 bits, Windows 7 64 bits, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of deepMesh.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Is deepMesh free?
- No, you need to pay to use this program. However, you will be able to download the demo version to try it out and see if you like it.
- Are there alternatives and programs similar to deepMesh?
- Yes, here you can see similar programs and alternatives.