ClipboardFusion: A digital clipboard with more power
A clipboard that tries to include more tools so you can copy and paste text more easily.
Copying and pasting text is a task many of us have done. Whether to reference text or to make an analysis of it, many times in our life, we have faced the famous CTRL + C, CTRL + V. Copy and paste. A process that sometimes even becomes an automated process and that we already have within our computer "DNA." One of those processes that can be done thousands of times without us realizing it.
And generally, the command does not generate complications for us. Still, there is a specific problem when we want to copy a text, but it has a specific format (such as underlining or a particular color font). Once you paste it into the text you were working on, you realize it keeps that original format. You have to do the cumbersome and exasperating "unformat it" and adapt it to the format of the article you were writing.
This problem is widespread, and ClipboardFusion is supposed to solve it because I have not been able to use the application satisfactorily.
For now, we are going to say the descriptions that this application has:
- Copy and paste text without formatting it
This is a modality that I don't know when it can be helpful, but it consists of maintaining the form of the original text.
- Formatting of default characters
It can be helpful if you want to paste something different every time you copy something. Interesting feature.
- Keyboard shortcuts Keyboard shortcuts
Nothing very different, keyboard shortcuts to be able to do the actions of the application quickly.
- Create your custom transformations Create your custom transformations Create your transformations
Writing code with C#, you can create all the customizations you want. If you are someone who knows how to program in C#, you will appreciate this feature a lot.
Choose how you can access different actions within the application in easy ways.
- Synchronize your Clipboard Synchronize your Clipboard
By creating an account on Binary Fortress, you can synchronize your clipboard so that all your devices have the same thing.
- Clipboard Manager
Here you can view history, pinned items, things being shared, and all the customizations you have made so far.
- Good Security
Anything you receive will be encrypted using 256-bit encryption. This way, you have good security.
- Free and light
You have to hand it to them, it's free, and it's a very lightweight application.
But like another application we have already reviewed from this company, Binary Fortress, the technology is outdated.
I downloaded the app myself because the idea itself seemed fantastic. I have encountered the problem of copying and pasting text into formats I don't want thousands of times. I thought this app could solve this problem once and for all. But no.
The download was simple, no big deal. It bothers me that the download is supposed to be advertised as free, but then you find out there is a Pro version, and you can't do most of the functions.
But let's move on because it would have been a success if I could have copied and pasted unformatted text. But then again, it wasn't.
The user interface is already obsolete. We are used to planning and designing interfaces in which companies like Google or Facebook invest millions of dollars. But still.
If it had worked, I could have made an exception to that user experience standard.
Once I copied text to the clipboard, I was supposed to be able to display the text, or at least know it was happening, but nope.
I did not understand how you were supposed to handle the application because it was counter-intuitive.
After that, I couldn't change anything. After several minutes of testing, the application gave me no answers.
To top off the negative experience, I closed the app and tried to rerun it after a while, and now it won't even open.
I don't plan to give half-hearted opinions. The application is under active development, so the bugs we have mentioned will likely be solved in future versions.
The concept is excellent, but the execution is lousy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is ClipboardFusion downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of ClipboardFusion.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install ClipboardFusion on your PC, you have to download the ClipboardFusionSetup-5.9.1.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 5.9.1.
- Is ClipboardFusion free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- ClipboardFusion home
- Operating Systems
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7