BuildBox. The platform for creating games without programming
In this article, we will cover Buildbox and its features in detail. Here you will get all the information you need to know whether or not you are interested in this program.
First, we have to define what Buildbox is:
This is a program created for people who do not know or do not want to learn any programming language. This program is mainly intended to make games for cell phones, but you can use it to create games for computers as well.
The compatibilities are broad, and the program can export the games to any platform.
It is available for Windows and also for macOS. You can do the development from your computer, which will be more comfortable, and then you can move it to another operating system.
With Buildbox, you can create 2D and 3D games with an intuitive and straightforward platform. The idea is that you don't have to spend months creating games. With zero programming knowledge, you can create top-quality games.
Some of the features of this tool are:
- Game Wizard. This guides you at the beginning so that you know all the program's tools, and you can give them utilities.
- Brainboxes. This registered company trademark tool allows you to drag and drop animations into the components. You won't need to use other things that can take longer. These brainboxes come with pre-installed logic.
- Smart Assets. Another tool the company trademarks allow you to have a structure similar to typical game actions without programming. You can create a tree of nodes with actions and reactions when certain things happen. But Smart Assets includes many pre-installed actions that make development easier and faster.
- Simple monetization. You can integrate ads and platforms like the SDK(Software Development Kit) into your app. This way, you will be able to generate money from it. Note that this option is only available for paid plans.
Another negative issues with the free plan, apart from the fact that you cannot monetize, is that you can only have one world or environment in the game. And what is this? It is the graphic and visual design, the in-game background, and the physics of this world.
Another negative point is that you can only have five scenes or levels in the game. This may limit the development a little bit.
And finally, freeware's most negative point is that you can't export the game to IOS and Android platforms. You can't make it compatible with cell phones with the free version.
As we can see, I think this program gets a lot of benefits with the paid plans.
The minimum requirements for your computer, according to the company, are:
Windows 10 as the operating system, OpenGL 2.0, OpenAL, 600MB of free memory space (which, by the way, is quite a lot of space it takes up), and 8GB of RAM.
Although these are the minimum requirements proposed by the company, a computer with less capacity than these will likely work.
One good thing about the free plan is that you can create as many games as you want and design and make as many.
But if you want an alternative to creating games without programming, it is still one of the best options available on the market.
To give you an idea, games like Nite Fighter, Color Switch, Cessabit, Cyber Drive, Bloom, and Night Rider were created with Buildbox. Thousands of games are made with this engine, and several have reached the top 100 App Stores (both on Google Play and Apple's App Store).
Mobile Games Awards and PocketGamer have awarded this game creation engine as the best game engine and for best innovation.
It is a potent game engine for creating games without programming—one of the best at the moment. With a simple system, you can create professional games.
If you want to bring your games to the App Stores, you will need the paid plans, but first, you have to know if you like the platform. So you can download the free version from the Download button.
Please tell us if you like it and which features you like the most in the comments.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Buildbox downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Buildbox.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install Buildbox on your PC, you have to download the Buildbox3.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Is Buildbox free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- Buildbox home
- Operating Systems