BIRT is an Eclipse project that offers a great number of tasks, mostly to web applications, with business intelligence capacity.
BIRT works with two main elements: an execution time component to generate reports that could be extended to any Java environment. The second element of BIRT project, is a graphic motor that can be implemented on report’s design, or if you want to, it can be individually used to integrate graphics to an application.
To make it easier to user, it brings a tutorial in which you will have all BIRT functions. This tool to Java/J2EE applications is considered as a very intuitive facilitator. The steps offered by BIRT to create a report are very clear. It also offers many options, from “Pallete” Eclipse view, as lists, graphics, tables, images and many visual elements, but that could be added to design’s window. Other options that can be highlighted in BIRT are the filters, summaries, types, groups and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is BIRT downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of BIRT.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install BIRT on your PC, you have to download the birt-report-designer-all-in-one-4.8.0-20180626-win32.win32.x86_64.zip file to your Windows and install it.
The birt-report-designer-all-in-one-4.8.0-20180626-win32.win32.x86_64.zip file is compressed, so you can download 7-zip and unzip the file.
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 4.8.0.
- Is BIRT free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.