- Ascgen 2 Windows 10
Review Ascgen 2
ASCII Generator is a program that creates a plain text document from a graphic file.
The creation of graphics and images with characters ASCII characters was very common in the era of BBS (Bulletin Board System). The BBS worked on text mode, that is to say, the menus and options were made on using text. Because BBS can't display images, it was normal to insert ASCII pictures inside text documents. This work was manual it was known as ASCII art.
ASCII Generator converts automatically a graphics file into ASCII code. This is a very simple process, and we only need to load an image into the program, and this image will be converted to ASCII characters. We can choose the ASCII characters that will be part of the text image. By default, the program uses all the characters of the ASCII table, but we can limit it to any range of characters.
We can modify certain attributes of the original photo, so the ASCII image will vary according to such attributes. We can modify the colors level, light level, contrast level, and dither.
The font type, style, and size can also be modified, so the output text image will be very different depending on the choice of the font type.
The original image can be rotated 90, 180, or 270 degrees. It can also be flipped horizontally or vertically. We can even select the resolution of the text image.
If we want to convert several images, we can use the Batch Conversion option. Here, we need to add the images that are going to be converted one after the other. We can set the images resolution, contrast, saturation, font type, etc.
We can print the text image directly from the program. Thanks to that we can create easily a PDF file if we use a program like doPDF.
When the file is saved, there are several possibilities:
- Black and white or Color: here we choose if the image will be black and white or will have color. If we choose “Color”, the characters that make up the ASCII image will be painted with the color of the original image.
- Text or Image: we can save the result in a text file or an image. If we choose Text/Black and White, the result is saved in a plain text file. If we choose Text/Color, the result will be stored in a .html file.
If we choose Image, the result will be saved in an image file .gif, .png, .jpg, etc.
The program is free and requires no installation. It is enough to unzip the downloaded file and run the .exe file.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Ascgen 2 downloadable for Windows 10?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 10.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of Ascgen 2.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- Which version of the program am I going to download?
- The current version we offer is the 2.0.0.
- Is Ascgen 2 free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
Also, this software is open source, which means that you will be able to download the source code of the program, and if you are knowledgeable enough, you will be able to see how the software works internally and modify its functionality.