AceHTML was a free HTML editing software that offered various features and tools to help users create and develop Web sites. One of its main advantages was its comprehensive set of website development tools, which included HTML syntax checking, support for international alphabets, Windows XP compatibility, and a code browser.
Regarding project management, the software included a file manager, bookmark management, the option to save an HTML page as a template and code highlighting, and the ability to upload files via FTP (required AceFTP). Regarding design and styling, users could access over 40,000 graphics through GOgraph and had a style sheet editor.
There were two versions, freeware, and Pro. The Pro version offered a more comprehensive set of website development features and tools than the Freeware version. Some of the main differences included support for web development, the ability to edit files directly from the server, and server mapping functionality.
As for project management, the Pro version included a project manager, a to-do list manager, the ability to open and save files directly to and from the server, and a bookmark manager, while these options were not available in the free version. Both versions included saving HTML pages as templates and code highlighting.
It was an excellent choice for those looking for free and comprehensive free HTML editing software with a wide variety of features and tools to facilitate website development. Although it is now discontinued, it became one of the best free options for web developers during its time on the market.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is AceHTML downloadable for Windows 7?
- Yes, this software can be downloaded and is compatible with Windows 7.
- What operating systems is it compatible with?
- This software is compatible with the following 32-bit Windows operating systems:
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP.
Here you can download the 32-bit version of AceHTML.
- Is it compatible with 64-bit operating systems?
- Yes, although there is no special 64-bit version, so you can download the 32-bit version and run it on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- What files do I need to download to install this software on my Windows PC?
- To install AceHTML on your PC, you have to download the acehtmlfreeware.exe file to your Windows and install it.
- Is AceHTML free?
- Yes, this program is free so you will be able to use it without any limitations, and without additional cost.
- Operating Systems
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP